Georgia Passport Certification Application Checklist
Prior to certification, the Applicant's Application must be posted to the Department's website for four weeks (application will be posted here). Upon completion of the application process, the Commissioner will issue a written notice to the assuming insurer regarding the approval or disapproval of the application and the rating assigned. (Ga. Reg. 120-2-78-.08(2)(b)).
According to O.C.G.A. § 33-8-1, applicant shall submit a filing and processing charge of $600.
Required Forms and Certifications
The transmittal letter must be on applicant’s letterhead, properly executed by an authorized officer, and include the following:
- Brief description of the documents included in the application package
- Applicant’s requested rating assignment
- Applicant’s commitment to comply with all requirements necessary to maintain certification in Georgia.
Passport Certification Application for Certified Reinsurer
The Passport Certification Application for Certified Reinsurer form GID-387-RS must be properly executed by an officer authorized to bind Applicant to the commitments set forth in the form.
Properly Executed Form CR-1
According to Ga. Reg. 120-2-78-.08(2)(f), Form CR-1 (GID-388-RS) must be properly executed by an officer authorized to bind the applicant to the commitments set forth in the form.
Certification Letter from Domestic Regulator (NAIC Accredited Jurisdiction) Approving Assuming Insurer as a Certified Reinsurer
According to Ga. Reg. 120-2-78-.08(2)(g)(6), the applicant must submit its most recent letter (or other documentation) from its domestic regulator that certifies, at a minimum, the following information:
- Name of state(s) in which renewal applicant is currently certified
- The rating and collateral percentage assigned with respect to the Applicant
- The effective and expiration dates with respect to the certification
- The lines of business to which the certification is applicable