Get an Agent License
To get a license, you need to meet specific requirements, which vary depending on the category, also called class, of insurance you wish to sell.
- Just starting? Review our step-by-step guide to qualify and apply for your initial resident license.
- Already familiar with the steps? Login to the Georgia Licensing portal to apply.
- If you have applied but need to attach any required documents to your application in NIPR or Sircon, these are the helpful instructions on how to upload to
- Emailed or mailed documents will not be attached to your application. You must upload the required documents to your application.
Renew an Agent License
You are required to renew your license annually or biannually, depending on when it was first issued.
- First time renewing? Review our step-by-step guide to renewing your resident license.
- Already familiar with the steps? Login to the Georgia Licensing portal to renew your license.
Register as a Life Settlement Broker
To be eligible to register as a Life Settlement Broker, you must hold a Life license for one year either in this State or in your home state.
Complete the Life Settlement Broker Registration form (GID-AL-LS-1) and provide payment of the $50 filing fee plus the $5 processing fee.
You will be notified when your request is processed.
Continuing Education Requirements
Once you become a licensed agent, you need to meet certain criteria to maintain that licensure. This criteria also varies depending on the type of insurance you sell.
Adjuster, Broker & Counselor Requirements
In addition to the basic agent licensing requirements, Adjusters, Brokers, and Counselors must meet specific submission requirements.
Request an Address Change, Duplicate License, Check Your Status or a Name Change
Request a Letter of Certification
You can request electronically via Georgia Licensing portal.
Request a Letter of Clearance
Complete the Request for Clearance Letter. The associated fee is $10 per letter plus a $5 processing fee.
Request to Add or Remove a Non-Active Status
Complete the Request to Add-Remove Non-Active Status form. The associated fee is $25 plus $5 processing fee.
Agent Licensing & Renewals
The Office of the Commissioner of Insurance oversees the licensing of insurance agents, subagents, adjusters and counselors. The information in this section is provided as a guide for new resident applicants and answers the most commonly asked licensing questions.
You can read detailed information about licensing, prelicensing and application requirements, exams, licensing fees, links to forms, and more, in the Georgia Insurance Licensing Candidate Handbook.