Get an Agency License
- Just starting? Review our step-by-step guide to qualify and apply for an initial Agency license.
- Already familiar with the steps? Login to the Georgia Licensing Portal to apply.
Renew an Agency License
Licenses are renewed every two years. Renewals can be filed electronically 60 days prior to expiration date.
Review details and required forms on the Agency Renewals page.
Manage an Agency License
Aside from renewals, you may need to change a name or address, request certification status letters, or clearance letters.
- Manage Agency License details in the Georgia Licensing Portal.
- For Agency Name Changes, please review our Name Approval Process.
- To request a clearance letter, complete the Request for Clearance Letter form and include payment of $10 per letter requested plus a $5 processing fee.
Georgia Insurance Licensing Candidate Handbook
A detailed reference guide about licensing, prelicensing and application requirements, exams, license fees, and more.
Agency Licensing & Renewals
The Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner regulates and licenses a variety of business entities - Agency, Retail Vendors of Portable Electronics, Self-Storage Provider, Rental Company. Agency is defined as a business entity which represents one or more insurers and is engaged in the business of selling, soliciting, or negotiating insurance. Agency also means a business entity insurance producer.