Fire Prevention Week 2022
Since 1922, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has sponsored Fire Prevention Week. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) announced the 2022 theme for Fire Prevention Week, "Fire won't wait. Plan your escape!", which will be the week of October 9-15, 2022.
During Fire Prevention Week, the Georgia Office of Commissioner of Insurance and Safety Fire works to find every possible way to make learning about fire safety fun and exciting. This year, we will be teaming up with the Georgia Fire Sprinkler Association for the 2022 Fire Safety Tips Calendar Poster Contest, which provides a fun way for Georgia students to bring out their inner artist all while learning about fire safety.
- The poster entries should focus on 12 different fire and life safety tips.
- This year's theme, "Fire won't wait. Plan your escape", highlights why having a home escape plan is so important in the case of an emergency.
- The main topic will be used for the cover of the calendar and in the month of October. The other 11 themes will cover related safety tips.
- The winners of this contest will have their drawings placed in a Fire Safety Calendar, which will be handed out to all 3rd grade teachers across the State of Georgia so they can review a new safety tip with their students every time they turn the calendar to the next month.
- All submissions must be mailed no later than September 23, 2022.
Additionally, Commissioner John F. King and the State Fire Marshal urge schools and communities to participate in the annual statewide fire drill during the month of October. If the weather permits, the Statewide Fire Drill will be held on October 12, 2022, at 09:00 AM. If the weather or other school schedules prevents you from conducting this drill, please reschedule for the following Wednesday October 19, 2022, at 09:00 AM. Always remember to report your drills conducted in the State Emergency Drill Reporting System.