The Division of Insurance and Financial Oversight is responsible for the licensing of the following risk-bearing entities:
- Fraternal Benefit Societies
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Life and Health Insurance Companies
- Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs)*
- Property and Casualty Insurance Companies
- Provider Sponsored Health Care Corporations (PSHCCs)
- Title Insurers
- Workers’ Comp Group Self Insurance Funds (WCGSIFs)*
*Please note, there is a slightly different application process for MEWAs and WCGSIFs; please contact us for more information.
- Effective 01-01-2020: GID-7 is no longer required if a copy of the Domiciliary States Retaliatory Information (located on the UCAA Website) is attached.
After the license application is received and reviewed, accepted companies will receive a Welcome to Georgia email with a copy of the Certificate of Authority and information about next steps.
Non-Traditional Company Filings
Non-Traditional company filing processes depend on the type of company. More information.